8th Dec 2013 -
ICNM 2013 ELECTION BIOS - Tofael Ahmed - updated 12/08/2013
Tofael Ahmed - Director of Education Candidate:
Tofael Ahmed completed BS in Chemical Engineering from UC Berkeley. Later he went to UC Irvine for MS in Engineering Management.
He has been working 30+ years in Semiconductor Field as engineer, manager, and director. Currently, he is working as manager at Intel Corporation, Rio Rancho, NM.
Sunday Islamic School Involvements:
Tofael has been involved in Sunday Islamic School over 15 years as coordinator/instructor. 10+ years at South Bay Islamic Association (SBIA), San Jose, CA and 5 years at Islamic Association of Collin County (IACC ), Plano, TX.
Tofael's key goal for ICNM Education / Sunday Islamic School:
Unite the community by encouraging different ethnicities to represent
- Introduce sub-committee to engage adult and youth volunteers for education, seminars, tutoring and mentorship activities
- Introduce parents/teacher meetings for feedback/suggestions
- Benchmark / re-structure course curriculum to close gaps and be best in class
- Organize educational seminars (example: monthly adult seminars, SAT prep and college admission etc for youth)
- Improve / organize class set-up
- Expand website / set-up on-line classes (example: women's halaqa)
- Work with Salam Academy, Youth group, Dawa group, and public affairs to promote Islamic Education.
Questions: please email Khaled Kassem at firstname.lastname@example.org